1/27/2009

Baggage

Now that I'm home
bathed, settled and fed
All nicely tucked into warm new bed,
Lest I forget
There is so much to carry -
so much to regret

hmm.....yes there it is,
Right on top
Let's unpack Loneliness
Heartache and Loss
And there by my leash hides
Fear and Shame.

As I look on these things
I tried so hard to leave
I still have to unpack my
baggage called Pain.

I loved them, the others,
the ones who left me
but I wasn't good enough
for they didn't want me.

Will you add to my baggage ?
Will you help me unpack ?
Or will you just look at my things
and take me right back ?

Do you have the time
to help me unpack ?
To put away my baggage
to never repack ?

I pray that you do
I'm tired you see
But I do come with baggage
Will you still want me ?

written by Evelyn Colbath
from the Shelter Dog

Sem comentários: